Entries included within this section relate to organisations/ institutions, commercial enterprises, and individuals associated with the variety industry but which did not engage with the actual creation or production of entertainment. The entries are divided into two categories:
1. INDIVIDUALS: See Industry: People pages.
2. MISCELLANEOUS (social organisations, associations/unions, agencies, media, associated businesses, amusements, music publishing etc): See Industry Misc 1 and Misc 2.
Entries with an asterisk [*] beside them can be found in the Transoceanic Circuits page.
- Abbott, A. R.
- African Theatres Trust *
- A. M. Dinsdales (Melbourne)
- Ashton, Harold
- Australian Theatrical Amusements and Employees’ Association (T.A.E.A.)
- Australasian Publicity Bureau
- Australasian Sketcher with Pen and Pencil
- Australian Variety Artists Association (A.V.A.A.)
- Australian Variety [aka Australian Variety and Show World]
- Australian Vaudeville Artists’ Federation (A.V.A.F.)
- Ayala Champagne (“Champagne Dance”)
- Bambury & White
- Benjamin, Henry
- Board & Residence Establishments
- Bondi Aquarium (Bondi, NSW)
- Bonnington’s Irish Moss
- Boyle, Jimmy
- “Busker: Greasepaint, Patter Burn Cork Chronicles, The”
- Campbell, Jack
- Cannis, Les
- Cato & Co
- Chasers, The
- Clifton Gardens (Mosman, Sydney)
- Connolly, N.H.
- Coogee Palace Aquarium (Coogee, NSW)
- Cottier’s People’s Concerts (Sydney) [aka People’s Concerts]
- Crawford, Percy
- Dalton’s Vaudeville Agency
- Day, Valentine
- Devereaux, Charles L.
- Don Pictures (Darwin)
- Dreamland (St Kilda, Melbourne)
- Dr Sheldon’s
- Edgeley, William A.
- Freeman & Wallace
- Fuller News
- Gabriel, Ted
- Gibbons, George
- Goodman, John L
- Goodson Brothers
- Goodsons’ Pictures
- Graphic of Australia
- Green Room
- Green Room Club (Melbourne)
- Green Room Club (Perth) [aka Western Australian Society of Concert Artists]
- G. W. Hean
- Harry Clay’s Theatrical Enterprises and Booking Offices
- Heaney, Dick
- Hillyard, Bertha [aka Madame du Barry]
- Hosking, Andy
- J. Albert & Son
- Jinkins, William A.
- Joe Slater Publishing
- Just It
- Keup, M.A.
- Kitching, Harry R.
- Lashwood & Royley’s Star Vaudeville Agency
- Lashwood & White Theatrical Agency
- Levy, Frank
- Liddy, J. J.
- Lorgnette: Journal of Amusements, The
- Madison’s Budget (USA)
- Manly Chute, The
- Mechanics’ Institutes
- Mendelssohn’s Photographic Studio
- Morgan, Harold T.
- Musgrove, Jack
- Nelson, Roy
- North’s Concerts (Melbourne)
- “Old Programmes” (by “Athos”)
- O’Sullivan, Frank
- O’Sullivan, J. J.
- Parks, Lew
- Pas [aka Donald MacDonald]
- “Peeps at People: A Breezy Budget of Personal Pars”
- People’s Concerts (Melbourne)
- Player, The
- Phillips, Harry
- Poverty Point (Sydney)
- Prince’s Court (Melbourne)
- Product Placement
- Ramos & Ramos *
- “Reminiscences of the Stage” (by Valentine Day)
- Ross, Lillian
- R.S.L. Concert Parties
- Sadler, Bill
- Sir Joseph Banks Pavilion & Pleasure Grounds (Botany, NSW) [aka Olympia Recreation & Picnic Grounds]
- Slater, Joe
- Spencer’s Royal Polytechnic (Sydney) [aka Spencer’s Mechanical Exhibition]
- S.S. Gippsland
- S.S. Rose
- “Stage Lights”
- “Strutter’s Page, The”
- Sturgeon, Snowy
- Summer Continentals [aka Carroll’s Continentals]
- Talma Photographic Studios
- Theatre Magazine, The [aka The Theatre: An Illustrated Monthly Devoted to the Stage / Theatre, Society and Home]
- Theatrical Proprietors’ and Managers’ Association [aka Theatre Proprietors’ and Entrepreneurs’ Association / Entertainment Industry Employers’ Association / Australian Entertainment Industry Association / Live Performance Australia]
- Tolano, Ralph
- Totten, E.
- Val Morgan Advertising Contractor (aka Val Morgan Cinema Advertising)
- Webb, Claude E.
- Whaite, Claude H. [aka Claude Hamilton Blake]
- White, A. C.
- White, James H.
- White-Cane Agency
- White City (Perth) [aka Coo-ee City/Uglieland]
- Will Andrade  (Melbourne and Sydney; 1898-1939)
- Will Andrade  (Sydney; 1940-1988)
- Wonderland City
- Ye Olde Englyshe Fayres